This Is How I Grow
Elmo and his friends sing about all of the ways that they learn and grow, like counting, building, stretching, moving, laughing, singing, dancing, and cooking!
Watch together as Elmo and his friends sing about all the ways they learn and grow: counting, building, stretching, moving, laughing, singing, dancing, cooking, and more!
Laughing and playing together are ways children and grown-ups grow every day. Each day, do an activity together that Elmo and his friends sang about:
- Day 1—Counting: Together, count to five on one hand. With each number, share something you like about each other. For example, “I like your big hugs!”
- Day 2—Building: Design and build an indoor fort using pillows, chairs, and blankets.
- Day 3—Moving: Play “Big Bird Says”—Big Bird’s version of “Simon Says.” Tell children to move only when you say “Big Bird says.” Challenge them to bend, wiggle, jump, stretch, touch their toes, and more!
- Day 4—Cooking: Invite children to help cook by stirring, measuring, and pouring ingredients, or decorating a final product.
- Day 5—Laughing: Have a “Make Me Laugh” contest—make silly faces at each other until one of you cracks up.
- Day 6—Singing: Explore learning the concept of volume as you sing your favorite song, first as a whisper, then in a normal voice, and in a loud voice.
- Day 7—Dancing: Put on music and have a dance party. Invent new moves and challenge each other to copy them.
When children feel welcome and included, school can feel like a learning party that they’re invited to each and every day!
Back to School
A video that explores ways parents can build bridges of communication between the home and the classroom.
Just for Teachers: The Magic of Circle Time
Learning is all about relationships!
My Classroom Circle
Children can create their own unique circle canvas to share their favorite things with their classroom community... and see what they may have in common.
C is for...
Classroom communities care, collaborate, show compassion… and celebrate!
Sing-Along: Learning Party
Every day can be a celebration of learning. Keep the music going!
Cookie Monster at Circle Time
A storybook about circle time, classroom community, caring friends, and... COOKIES!