Healthy Choices in Fast Food Restaurants
An article about healthy choices in fast food restaurants.
Even on the go and on a budget, you can help your child get the nutrition they need:
- Choose water over soda, juices, or shakes.
- Choose grilled or baked instead of fried or breaded (for instance, a baked potato over french fries).
- Look for fruits, vegetables, and salads.
- Skip the cheese and go lighter on mayonnaise and sweetened sauces like ketchup or barbecue sauce.
- Be aware of large portions (children need less than adults), and share the meal or bring a container to save it for later.
- Look for healthy desserts such as sliced fruit.
Chef Lily’s Tip: Roasting a Rainbow
A video about eating colorful roasted vegetables.
Elmo and Abby’s Check-up Play Date
Pretend play can help children “rehearse” situations that may frighten them.
S Is for Staying Healthy
Well visits are an opportunity to talk about how to help children grow and develop as healthily as possible.
My Whole Healthy Life: Meet Reignen
A video about the different ways a Native American child and his family stay healthy.
My Whole Healthy Life: Meet Wa.Sta.Tse
A video about the different ways a Native American child and her family stay healthy.
Growing Healthy Bodies and Minds with Sesame Street
In this webinar, Sesame Workshop’s Kama Einhorn, Director of Content Design, and Dr. Jennifer Shu, Medical Editor of HealthyChildren.org discuss the importance of healthy habits for young children and families.
A Conversation on Healthy Habits
In this webinar, Sesame Workshop’s Kama Einhorn, Director of Content Design, and Dr. Glenn Flores, Chair of Pediatrics and Senior Associate Dean of Child Health at the University of Miami, discuss the importance of healthy habits for young children and families.