F Is for Family
A video celebrating family.
Together, watch different children introduce the loved ones in their family. Then consider ways you might celebrate your family’s special relationships:
- Share funny family stories from before kids were born.
- Together, prepare a family recipe you learned from a parent, grandparent, or older relative, and talk about your memories.
- Make table placecards for the next big family meal.
- Look at old family photos together and talk about who’s who and what was happening in the picture.
- Draw pictures or write notes to family members and hide them for them to find. Write e-mails or video chat with far-away family.
The Wiggle-Jiggle Game
A video about a getting-to-know you game that helps kids appreciate similarities and differences.
A video about the community bonds of the Sesame Street barbershop.
Take Your Child to Work Day
A video about “take your child to work” day, and the bonding, learning and inspiration that can take place there.
Grandparents Are Grand!
There’s a lot that grandparents can do to bond with grandchildren (even at a distance) and to help them build the social skills they’ll need in school—and in life!
5 Things I Want Other Black Dads to Know
An article about Black fathers.
Abuela Makes a Quilt
A storybook about the bonding that can happen through art.
This webinar to helps providers better understand, celebrate, and support fathers.