A day in the life of 10-year-old Salia and her family.
Together, watch this video of a day in the life of 10-year-old Salia. She has three little sisters and a mom and dad in recovery, and they’re all thriving now. Afterward, ask:
- How does Salia explain what addiction is?
- How is Salia’s family the same as your family? How is it different?
- What does Salia do when she has big feelings?
- How does she meditate? Let’s watch again and try it together.
- Why is drawing and writing about her feelings important to Salia?
- What does her family like to do together? What do you like to do with your family?
Special thanks to New Directions for Women in Costa Mesa, CA.
A Friend Like You
Conversations between Salia and Karli.
Karli’s 7 Cs
This adult-child collaborative coloring page helps families have relaxed time together.
Remember the 7 Cs!
Seven important reminders for children whose parents struggle with addiction.
Karli & Me Activity Book
This book can support you in building children’s resilience when faced with the unique issues presented by a parent’s addiction.
Una amiga como tú
Es importante tener un amigo comprensivo.
Parental Addiction: Healing Families Together
Join us for the second webinar in this series in which we examine how parental addiction affects children.
The Child’s Voice: How Parental Addiction Affects Young Children
Join us for the first webinar in this series in which we examine how parental addiction affects children.