Let’s Talk About Race: Explain, Connect, Describe, Explore!
An activity to engage all children in conversation, thought, and actions around racial equity.
Choose from the five topics in this activity to engage children in important conversations, thought, and action around race and all aspects of their identity.
- Important Questions: Pose questions to find out what kids already know… then expand their understanding.
- All About Me: Celebrate how we’re each special, inside and out.
- Making a Difference: Inspire children to use their voices.
- Big Feelings: Explore ideas for self care and working through overwhelming emotions.
- I Am Somebody: Look in the mirror together, stand or sit straight and tall, and invite children to repeat each of the phrases after you, then say them together. Encourage children to “use their proud voice”! You can make this a morning or evening ritual, and think up new affirmations.
Welcome to Our Garden
An interactive game in which children add rocks to the Sesame Street community garden.
A video about community.
Musical Show & Share
A video about coming together to create something beautiful.
Our Welcome Garden
A printable page about a community rock garden.
What I Want for the World
A printable page about making a difference in the world.
Look at Me, Look at You!
A printable page with parent-child affirmations.
The Wiggle-Jiggle Game
A video about a getting-to-know you game that helps kids appreciate similarities and differences.