Ideas for Families
Ideas for families to help diversify their homes, routines and experiences.
Talking about race and racism is important. Taking action is, too. There are things parents can do to help their families diversify their homes, routines, and experiences.
- Watch the video to hear how Patricia and Shannon share the ways they prioritize representation and diversity in their homes.
- Reflect on these questions to help you put the strategies into action.
- Do the things we welcome into our home—art, TV shows, books—reflect a variety of skin colors and protagonist characters?
- Do we take outings to places outside of our usual “bubble” to meet new people and have new experiences as a family?
- How do we already celebrate diversity? What are we doing well that we might build upon?
Lifelong Journey, Lifelong Learning
Talking about racism for the first time—and taking a stand against it—can feel daunting. But there are things parents can do to move past fear…and into action
Talking with Children
A video discussion to help parents talk to children about Racism.
Finding First Steps
In this video parents are encouraged to take a first step in creating change.