Coping With Sickness
A video about Buddy's dad being sick with covid-19.
- Before viewing with your child: Preview the video by yourself first. If you decide to share it with your child, explain that it’s about a little monster named Buddy whose dad is sick and quarantined in another room.
- View the video together once. On a second viewing, you might pause wherever children seem interested or have questions, or when something seems similar to their experience (you might ask, “Have you ever felt like Buddy?”)
- After viewing: Ask children:
- What did Buddy do to help himself feel better?
- What did he do to help his dad?
- How were things the same as in our family?
- How were they different?
Hooper’s Store Reopens
As communities open up, together we can adjust to a new way of doing things—while keeping everyone safe.
When Children Miss Their Friends
There are ways to stay connected with people we love...safely.
Elmo Gets the Covid-19 Vaccine
Elmo and Louie share their experience with the COVID-19 vaccine.
Helping Children Through Grief Related To COVID-19
There are ways to help families talk about death, express their feelings, and grieve together.
Elmo’s Bravery Bandage
A coloring page to help celebrate a child’s bravery when getting a shot.
Good Questions (and Answers) About Covid-19 Vaccines
Common questions children ask about vaccines, and possible answers.
Questions for My Doctor
A place for parents and children to list questions for their doctor.