Abby’s Letter Garden
Prepare children for school success by exposing them to uppercase letters, helping them recognize them, and write them themselves.
Entering preschool or kindergarten with some knowledge of the letters of the alphabet and the sounds they make gives children a leg up on learning. Help children play the game in which they help Abby “grow” letters. You might:
- Help older children learn the exact letter strikes (younger children will benefit from “writing” on screen any way they like).
- Focus on the letters in children’s names.
- Together, name more words that start with each letter. Write that letter at the center of a sheet of paper, and draw those things around it.
- Help children practice writing letters on green paper to grow their very own letter garden, or decorate letters with drawings of flowers like Abby’s.
- Follow up with your own real-world letter hunt when you’re out and about by looking for certain letters on signs.
My Classroom Circle
Children can create their own unique circle canvas to share their favorite things with their classroom community... and see what they may have in common.
When children feel welcome and included, school can feel like a learning party that they’re invited to each and every day!
Just for Teachers: The Magic of Circle Time
Learning is all about relationships!
C is for...
Classroom communities care, collaborate, show compassion… and celebrate!
Sing-Along: Learning Party
Every day can be a celebration of learning. Keep the music going!
Back to School
A video that explores ways parents can build bridges of communication between the home and the classroom.
Cookie Monster at Circle Time
A storybook about circle time, classroom community, caring friends, and... COOKIES!