A Day in the Life of a Kindergartner
Whether it’s before beginning kindergarten or at the start of the year, a peek into another child’s day, in a similar setting, can ease children’s anxieties.
Together with children, watch Dhaviya learn, play, and help in kindergarten and at home. You can pause and talk about what you see, or ask these questions later:
- What are some things Dhaviya is learning in kindergarten?
- Dhaviya’s teacher says, “Close your eyes and think of something you’re going to do well in a few minutes.” Would you like to close our eyes and try this ourselves?
- What does Dhaviya do when it’s his turn to be “mini-teacher”?
- What letter does Dhaviya work on in the video? (V) Can you think of some words that start with V?
- What are some things Dhaviya and his grandfather do together? Who is a special grown-up to you? What do you like to do together?
Learning is all about relationships… and relationships with teachers are special!
When children feel welcome and included, school can feel like a learning party that they’re invited to each and every day!
My Classroom Circle
Children can create their own unique circle canvas to share their favorite things with their classroom community... and see what they may have in common.
C is for...
Classroom communities care, collaborate, show compassion… and celebrate!
Sing-Along: Learning Party
Every day can be a celebration of learning. Keep the music going!
Cookie Monster at Circle Time
A storybook about circle time, classroom community, caring friends, and... COOKIES!
Just for Teachers: The Magic of Circle Time
Learning is all about relationships!