Simple conversation starters to develop your parenting partnership.
Like every family, blended families benefit from lots of communication. Consider these conversation starters as you and your partner work together. Celebrate your daily efforts and the small successes of creating a new kind of family together!
- How can everyone share in family responsibilities? What house rules are most important to us?
- What one-on-one time can we set aside for each child?
- What special traditions, rituals, or routines might we create as a new family?
- How can we support our children’s relationships with their other parent?
- Can we set aside time to talk as a couple about how things are going and what changes we might want to make?
5 Things I Want Other Black Dads to Know
An article about Black fathers.
The Wiggle-Jiggle Game
A video about a getting-to-know you game that helps kids appreciate similarities and differences.
A video about the community bonds of the Sesame Street barbershop.
Take Your Child to Work Day
A video about “take your child to work” day, and the bonding, learning and inspiration that can take place there.
Grandparents Are Grand!
There’s a lot that grandparents can do to bond with grandchildren (even at a distance) and to help them build the social skills they’ll need in school—and in life!
Abuela Makes a Quilt
A storybook about the bonding that can happen through art.
This webinar to helps providers better understand, celebrate, and support fathers.