A Delicious Day
Read about Big Bird and his family's special meal.
Read the story together. Big Bird’s Granny helps him and his cousin Natalie gather yummy food and make a healthy dinner as a family! While you read, or afterward, help children connect the story to their own lives by asking:
- Do you like to shop for food with your family? Why or why not?
- How do you help with meals at home? Do you get out food, set out utensils, or help clean up?
- What are your favorite healthy foods to get when your family shops for food together?
- What is your favorite vegetable?
- What do you like to cook with your family?
- If you could make a yummy, healthy meal and invite special people to eat it with you, what would the meal be and who come eat with you?
Chef Lily’s Tip: Roasting a Rainbow
A video about eating colorful roasted vegetables.
Chef Lily’s Tip: Lime It Up!
Watch Chef Lily’s video with your little one.
5 Healthy, Easy, Kid-Pleasing Recipes
Print and try these quick, nutritious snacks and meals made with inexpensive ingredients.
Farm-Fresh Food: The Kafarski Family
Watch the video together with children.
Growing Healthy Bodies and Minds with Sesame Street
In this webinar, Sesame Workshop’s Kama Einhorn, Director of Content Design, and Dr. Jennifer Shu, Medical Editor of HealthyChildren.org discuss the importance of healthy habits for young children and families.
A Conversation on Healthy Habits
In this webinar, Sesame Workshop’s Kama Einhorn, Director of Content Design, and Dr. Glenn Flores, Chair of Pediatrics and Senior Associate Dean of Child Health at the University of Miami, discuss the importance of healthy habits for young children and families.
Health and wellbeing are rights for all children, but food insecurity affects many families.