Sesame Street Debuts New Furry and Fashionable Apparel and Lifestyle Collaborations
(New York, NY – February 14, 2018) – Playful textures, whimsical shapes, and plenty of googly eyes mark Sesame Street’s latest apparel and lifestyle collaborations. This year, look for new Sesame-branded collections spanning everything from graphic tees and handbags to canvas prints and premium skateboard decks.
“As we approach Sesame Street’s 50th anniversary, partnering with innovative creators in the fashion and lifestyle space helps us reach fans of all ages in new and surprising ways,” said Gabriela Arenas, Vice President of Licensing, North America, Sesame Workshop. “Each of our partners brings powerful expertise in product design and merchandising as they interpret our classic characters in their own unique styles.”
This year, fans of Sesame Street will see new collections from:
- Bioworld. The line, which merges Sesame’s personality with today’s trends, will include apparel and accessories for pop culture enthusiasts. Bioworld will launch pieces from the initial collection at Urban Outfitters, BoxLunch, and Spencer’s in early 2018.
- Mad Engine. Sesame Street is expanding its partnership with Mad Engine, which now includes apparel for all ages, and will be releasing Sesame Street x Neff branded t-shirts and beanies for adults in 2018.
- Zara. The collection includes apparel for men, women and kids, as well as accessories (backpacks, handbags and shoes) for children, tweens and teens. New product for girls will launch in Zara stores worldwide in April.
- Lauren Moshi. For last year’s Sesame Street x Lauren Moshi capsule collection, Moshi interpreted classic Sesame Street characters through a lens of high fashion and fine art in signature hand-drawn style. Additional capsules will include apparel, headwear, bags and art canvases for women and children.
- Drake General Store. The classic yet modern Canadian retailer will continue to carry a specialty line of apparel for kids and adults featuring Sesame Street characters.
Beyond apparel, Sesame Street is also collaborating with top lifestyle companies to create distinctive products that resonate with fans across the generations. The brand aims to reach new audiences by thinking experimentally about collaborations and offerings. New lifestyle partners include:
- Globe Brand. Classic Sesame Street characters are now featured on Globe premium skateboard decks. In-store for April, the decks feature Cookie Monster, Oscar the Grouch, Bert and Ernie and Count von Count. All the decks in the collection are made from Canadian maple using Globe’s proprietary Resin-7 construction, with holographic prism foil, transparent and pearlescent ink details, and art plucked from the Sesame Street archives. Elmo and Big Bird will also make an appearance on similarly-styled cruiser boards. As part of the collaboration, Globe is supporting Sesame Street’s Yellow Feather Fund, which helps connect children and families in need with Sesame resources and educational materials all around the world. Each board sports an illustrated yellow feather and a tag promoting the Yellow Feather Fund.
- The Land of Nod. Family-forward home furnishings retailer The Land of Nod recently introduced the extensive new Sesame Street for Nod collection, featuring decor, playroom furniture, bedding, apparel, backpacks, and toys. The collection brings Sesame characters to life using The Land of Nod’s signature vintage and artisanal design elements. Each piece embodies the furry fun of Sesame Street, inspiring kids’ imaginations and capturing their energetic spirit.
“Whether strengthening relationships with existing partners or building new ones, Sesame Street remains as relevant today as it was when it first launched, always introducing elements of wit and joy to what we deliver,” Arenas continued. “Looking to the future, Sesame Street is getting ready to celebrate 50 years in 2019 with more collaborative surprises on the way.”
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit media and educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been reaching and teaching children since 1969. Today, Sesame Workshop is an innovative force for change, with a mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. We’re present in more than 150 countries, serving vulnerable children through a wide range of media, formal education, and philanthropically-funded social impact programs, each grounded in rigorous research and tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve. For more information, please visit sesameworkshop.org.